Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2011

Inspired by Gone With the Wind

I was re-organizing my wardrobe this weekend (which contains very little clothes, and mostly movies, perfume, nail polish, and lots and lots of DVDs), when I found my copy of Gone With the Wind.  I watched it later that night and (as usual) was struck by how beautiful the clothes were.

Sometimes I find myself wishing that really beautiful, elaborate clothes would come back in style.  Then I remember CORSETS and feel thankful to live in this century:)

Anyway, I was particularly struck by this outfit Scarlett O'Hara wore in the movie:


The very next day (absolutely by chance, I swear!), my new Anthropologie dress came in the mail, and of course it was red!  Recently I've gotten really into buying clothes used/off ebay, particularly when I'm not a fan of the brands current offerings.

I found myself really inspired by Scarlett's amazing red costume, and came up with this (which I wore to the grocery store!)





Absurdly short dress by Anthropologie, leggings by Juicy Couture, necklace by Lucky, bag by Juicy Couture, shoes by Sam & Libby.

What do you think?  Are you inspired by Gone With the Wind?  Movies in general?  Let me know!

Until next time,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and respond to all my lovely comments. Leave a link to your blog so I can come visit! Thank you<3