Search This Blog

Friday, November 4, 2011

Essential Shopping

Is there much more enjoyable than a good day out shopping?  Even if it's for essentials?

Yeah, I don't think so either.  I put a pic of my (really small) haul up above.  I got my favorite, HG foundation, MAC Pro Longwear (Shade NW 20, for anybody who's interested):

I have to say that I was honestly surprised, a year ago, when I bought the foundation.  I never expected to love it as much as I do.  The one bottle lasted me a year (with daily use), so I feel perfectly comfortable buying it.  After all, with a department store product, there's no shade guessing like there is with a drugstore foundation, and I know I can return it if I hate it.

Not only that, but I LOVE MAC.  Not only do they not participate in animal testing (a huge thing for me, being an ethical vegetarian), but their products are top notch for a fraction of the cost of other high end brands, like Dior or Chanel.

I also bought my favorite Erno Laszlo Sea Mud Soap.

and my favorite (and the only one I've ever repurchased) moisturizer, the Antioxidant Mattifying Complex.

Before last year, I had never heard of Erno Laszlo.  I got a facial from them as a special promotional offer at Nordstrom, along with a goody bag of all the products I used.  After doing some research on the brand history and ethics (have to check for any unnecessary animal abuse, y'know!), as well as using their phenomenal products, I invested money in the whole line, and have been hooked ever since.

Erno Laszlo dates back decades, and is/was used by Hollywood beauties that we still know and love today- Marilyn Monroe, Greta Garbo, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, and Uma Thurman being among them.  I have to say that since I started using these products, my skin has a glow that it didn't have before.  I also used to have a major blemish problem, and my 1:00 routine keeps them mostly at bay.  If you haven't tried it/heard of it before, I definitely recommend that everyone give them a look- at the very least, you'll probably get some new skin tips that you've never heard of before.

Until Next Time,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and respond to all my lovely comments. Leave a link to your blog so I can come visit! Thank you<3