Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries

For lunch, I had my favorite wrap (a tortilla with melted Vermont cheddar, mixed field greens, sun dried tomato vinaigrette, pecans, and a sliced soy chicken patty) and sweet potato fries!  I had never had them before and was a little hesitant- after all, the only way I had ever had them was in a sweet potato casserole (never, ever again).

It turns out that one sweet potato provides two servings, so my mother and I shared a single potato, which was the perfect amount for both of us.



Recipe:
1 sweet potato
salt
pepper
oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika

Preheat oven to 450 F.
Peel and slice the sweet potato into thin strips.  In a large bowl, combine the sweet potato slices and the oil, tossing to coat.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika, spreading it around to get each slice evenly covered.

On a baking sheet spread with parchment paper, lay out the slices so that none are overlapping.  Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and flip.  Return to the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes, until done (but not burnt).

I baked mine for the full 20 minutes, which turned out to be too long.  Mine were a little burnt, but still surprisingly delicious.

If you try, let me know!

Until Next Time,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and respond to all my lovely comments. Leave a link to your blog so I can come visit! Thank you<3