Search This Blog

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Inspired by Bleak House



Isn't Bleak House a terrible name for a book?  When I first heard about the miniseries (my introduction to the incredible Dickens novel), my first thought was that it must be very, very depressing.  Well, I recently watched the full BBC miniseries, starring Carey Mulligan among others, and was stupefied by the beautiful clothes, and intricate, lively plotline.

It's difficult to describe the actual plot of "Bleak House" since it involves so many people and has several different intertwining storylines.  Suffice to say, it's not as bleak as it sounds, and actually has a very happy ending.

Once again, I was struck by the beautiful period costumes of the miniseries, particularly this one worn by "Esther Summerson":

Beautiful, isn't it?  Once again, I raided my closet for something similar, and found an Anthropologie dress I bought last year.

I took advantage of the lovely fall foliage near the top of our driveway as well.

This weather is beautiful.  I haven't experienced a real winter since I was 13 (so about six years?  Wow), so I'm pretty excited about this one.


The book "Bleak House" is on my Christmas wishlist, and I definitely look forward to being able to read it as a r-e-a-l book, not on the internet.  I don't think I'll ever be an internet book convert.

Have you read/seen Bleak House?  Are you a Dickens fan?  Let me know!

Until Next Time,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and respond to all my lovely comments. Leave a link to your blog so I can come visit! Thank you<3