Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2011

Random Things

A top five list of things I want for Christmas:


Am I the only one obsessed with the Borgia family?  If I could dedicate my life to researching and learning about Italian Renaissance history, I would (just thinking about it makes me want to go to grad school even more!)

I love Somerset Maugham.  If you ever get the chance to see the play "Holiday of Rain," I highly recommend it.  It's based on the short story, and absolutely hilarious.  Best play I've ever seen, bar none.

Another copy of Adrian Lyne's "Lolita."  It's vastly superior to Kubrick's, and my copy is starting to skip a little.  I'm on my second copy of the book, so why not the DVD as well?


Written by a contemporary of Dickens (and edited by the great man himself), "North and South" is one of my favorite books (and BBC miniseries- after all, it introduced me to the delicious Richard Armitage, and that's always a good thing).  I actually prefer Gaskell's writing to Dickens- she's a little less wordy and more to the point than he is.

A trip to Cuba.  I'm a little obsessed with it right now (forbidden fruit and all that).  Right now travel is only open for religious groups and cultural groups (neither of which I belong to, sadly).  If anyones been, I would looooove stories!

Until Next Time,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and respond to all my lovely comments. Leave a link to your blog so I can come visit! Thank you<3