Search This Blog

Monday, November 7, 2011

Home Made Tomato Soup Recipe

When I was little, I always h-a-t-e-d tomato soup.  Like, with a passion.  We always had the canned stuff from Campbells, which tasted nasty and metallic.

Gross.

I thought I would always hate tomato soup until I found a recipe from scratch and modified it quite a bit until it practically no longer resembled the original recipe.  I was absolutely blown away by how delicious it was!  I never thought I would love tomato soup as much as I do now.  It's just so warm, creamy, and comforting- and super easy to make vegan, if you want.




Home Made Tomato Soup Recipe:

Serves 4

4 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons all- purpose flour
4 cups tomato juice
1 cup water
2 tablespoons sugar
salt and pepper to taste

In a saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the butter.  Add the flour and stir well, making a smooth paste.  Add the tomato juice and water cup by cup slowly, stirring in between to minimize/eliminate lumps.  Bring to a boil for two minutes.  Stir in sugar, salt, and pepper. 

 As you can see, the only animal based ingredient is butter, and it would easy to swap out something else.  

If you try it, let me know!

Until Next Time,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and respond to all my lovely comments. Leave a link to your blog so I can come visit! Thank you<3